All are cordially invited to the virtual closing event of the Programme for Climate-Smart Livestock Systems (PCSL), to be held on 13 September 2022 from 14.30-16.30 EAT.
PCSL was designed to build the capacity of governments, the private sector, and livestock keepers towards improving livestock productivity, reducing greenhouse gas emissions while adapting to climate change.
After almost five years of implementation across Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia and other African countries, programme experts will share key findings and lessons learned on supporting the development of climate-smart livestock systems in Africa. Experts in the field will showcase selected adaptation and mitigation measures and discuss with key stakeholders the role of policies and finance to bring climate-smart livestock practices and measures to scale.
- Sebastian Lesch, Head of Division in Sustainable Agricultural Value Chains at the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) Germany
- Ariane Borgstedt, Head of Section, Rural Development, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Iain Wright, Deputy Director General - Research and Development, the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
- Holger Kray, Practice Manager, Agriculture and Food Global Practice, the World Bank
- Charlotte Haeusler Vargas, Head of Project, PCSL, GIZ
Participating organizations include GIZ, the World Bank and ILRI.
The closing event is an opportunity to review the outcomes of this innovative program and how its successes and lessons can be built upon in current and future programs.
The event will be held in English. Simultaneous translation into French will be available.
Meeting number (access code): 2553 648 0597
Meeting password: uCQATHBi376 (82728424 from video systems)